Saturday, April 25, 2009

Class, 'Arold, Omega Directive, Poke

After last night's success, I'm looking forward to tonight even still. Class this afternoon, and then the 'Arold at 7:00, with its mix of games and the French Braid longform. Likely to perform: Jen Harmon, Nifer Honeycutt, Jonah Jaxx, Vlad Kaufman, Tom Kessler, Shannon Peery & David Rushing. It's the first show with us for Jonah and Tom, who both have had a ton of success. It'll be a great time.

At 9:00, Omega Directive takes the stage, with its first half inspired by scenes from an audience member's iPod. Last month was my very favorite one of these we've ever done... the iPod was from someone closer to my age, shall we say... and more of the music was familiar to me, and it was faster for me to be able to figure out an opening. In the second half, we'll combine two classic TV episodes into one. If rehearsal is any indication, it's going to be crazy. We parlayed recycled foam cups into twisted family relations resulting in multiple counselor visits. Tonight features Trish Berrong, Aron Carlson, Jeremy Danner, Nifer Honeycutt, John Robison and Ryan Seymour.

Then, Poke is doing a short bonus set. Poke is Trish and Tommy Todd, and it will be their first time at the Imp. Unfortunately, it's because Tommy is leaving town to accept employment in one of my favorite American cities, Minneapolis. Bonus Poke set and accompanying party? Sounds OK to me!

Fun night! $6 gets you in for the whole night. With this much show, that seems fiscally irresponsible on my part. Take advantage of it before I regain my senses.

No comments:

Post a Comment