Sunday, June 7, 2009

15 Hours

Our first summer library gig was yesterday, and James, Justin and I traveled to Marysville, KS. We did a show for about 30 kids and their parents/grandparents. The kids were younger than any for whom I've ever performed improv, and I was unsure how it would go. Luckily, I chose a lot of very physical games to play, and we kept our energy going, involved the audience, and kept a huge spirit of fun. It wasn't the best, top-notchiest improv we've ever done, but it was improv tailored exactly to what this private show's audience wanted, which seems to be the point for a private show. There were lots of smiles on the way out, and later on as we walked down the main street of town and ate at a local cafe. Our next gig is Tuesday night.

Roving Imp Spectacular was, in my opinion, quite good as well, especially the long form, "Show Me That," which started in a place of un-reality, and stayed there for a lot of fun. Same general format happens Saturday, June 20 at 7pm. This show is a great into to improv, if you've never seen it before, and really fun even if you have!

TrivProv was, as usual, insanely fun. I could perform that show four times as often as I do now and still be really happy with it. If you have not seen this show, you're really missing out. You'll get your next chance Friday, June 26, as I face off against Ryan.

No comments:

Post a Comment